Thursday, May 22, 2014

Die Cut Background {Bella Blvd}

Recently I was given the challenge to create a die cut background for a Bella Blvd assignment. I started searching for a die cut background, something with a repetitive shape (similar to the one I used HERE on the Christmas Nerds layout) but I didn't find anything that gave me the itch to create. Then I came across THIS cut file. I immediately knew I wanted to use this cut file.
I love the look of subway art and I thought I'd try incorporating it into my scrapbooking. I thought by cutting this very large title out of white cardstock and adhering different scraps of patterned papers behind each word I would have an adorable unique die cut background.
With such a large title I kept the embellishment clusters down to two.

Previously when I've browsed through the Silhouette Store I've passed by the larger cut files. I've started to pay a little more attention since I created this project. I'll be using larger die cuts for my backgrounds in the future. 

Have you used a large cut file for your background? I'd love to see it. I've been pinning a few ideas. Leave a link in the comments, I'll make sure to pin yours!

5 comments:

  1. Stunning project. Wowza. So cool. Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Award, read about it here…
    http://elizgardner.blogspot.com/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! Off to check it out~ :)

      Delete
  2. From what line of bella blvd did the embellishments come from? Love this layout!!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS