Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Messed Up

Each month I have a number of projects that I create for design team requirements. I LOVE what I do and I have so much fun working on the design teams that I do work for. Bella Blvd's products are amongst my favorite to work with. I love their bright, fun, happy designs. Recently I was asked to create a layout using their most recent products for their "what's new Wednesday" feature. I grabbed the Classic Calendars collection and got to work. I had so much fun creating! I finished my assignment, turned it in and then realized it had a mistake on it...not a huge messy mistake but it was a mistake and I had made the mistake using ink and liquid glue. In scrapbookers terms that means, it's not a mistake that you can easily fix. It's pretty much stuck there unless you can cover it up. 
So, here's the finished layout. Can you find my mistake?
 Did you find it? 
Let me give you a couple more clues:
 
 

 See it now? Yes, I put two different months on the same project, June on the left hand side of the project and May on the right hand side of the project. The accurate date is May 23rd. Originally I thought that the photo was taken in June so I put 'June' on the layout with ultra strong quick drying liquid adhesive. After I had finished the project I wanted to add the date with a date stamp so I looked on my phone to see which day I had actually taken the photo and quickly stamped it in the corner of my project. It wasn't until I saw it on the Bella Blvd blog that I realized I had messed up.

There's not much I can do about it now. I tried to cover the date stamp with washi tape, rephotograph it, and have Bella Blvd update their blog but the washi tape didn't completely cover it so I just decided to leave it like it is. Some day maybe my kids will laugh about it make comments about how crazy their mom is.


Have you made any mistakes on your projects and decided that it just wasn't worth the effort to fix it?
 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I make a mistake I leave it just because I decide that it gives my project character. Very seldom do I start over!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that you don't start over. I agree, I think it adds character!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS