Monday, July 21, 2014

Paper Issues: Say Cheese with Maya Road

The latest issue over at Paper Issues is live today, titled "Say Cheese" (think of any thing related to photos: favorite photo, camera embellishments, "say cheese" as a title, cheesy smiles, Polaroid frames, Instagram/Polaroid/vintage photos, silly things kids say, or just use Maya Road products). Maya Road is sponsoring this issue. They provided me with an adorable bag of goodies to play with. I jumped right in and knew that I wanted to incorporate lots of their metal clips onto my project.
Don't you love that heart clip!?!??!?! I adhered it on with a little bit of glossy accents. It worked perfectly, even on a transparent frame.
 
 Those cute white transparent frames are from Maya Road as well as the blue polka dot fabric tape. I wish you could feel the texture that the fabric tape adds to the paper elements.

When I had most of the layout finished it still felt like something was missing, so I took a ruler and drew a pencil line around the edge of the layout. Then I put a thin line of glossy accents over the pencil line and carefully placed some Maya Road twine on the line of glossy accents. I tied a bow in the lower left hand corner of the layout with the ends of the twine.
Make sure to link your projects to this issue so you can have your chance at winning a goodie bag from Maya Road. Link your projects HERE!
Thanks for stopping by. Make sure to visit tomorrow for Let's Talk Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. such a fun layout, I love how you used the twine as a frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna! I love the twine frame. It was so easy too. The hardest part for me was waiting for the glue to dry ;)

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS